Will Moving Companies Pack For You?
Are you wondering will moving companies pack for you? Read along to learn whether or not moving companies will pack your belongings and what to expect on move day. We know you’ll learn a lot from this post and whether your moving locally or cross country, it certainly will help.
Do You Need Packing Help?
If you ware wondering whether or not moving companies will pack for you, you may need packing help. Consider hiring movers to pack for you in addition to just providing the moving services if:
- You have limited time to pack your belongings
- If your budget is flexible
- If you are disabled or have problems bending, lifting and packing in general. Be aware- packing boxes isn’t easy! If you’re in poor health you will probably need help.
- You are a busy professional and simply can’t fit packing your entire home into your schedule
If you’ve answered any of these questions honestly, you might come to the realization that you simply can’t do the packing on your own. For a small, one bedroom apartment with a moderate amount of household items, you can expect to spend roughly 8 hours packing your belongings. A larger residence with more storage space will take significantly longer.
Deciding To Hire A Mover For Packing
Once you have decided that you do not have the time to pack all of your belongings on your own, you are going to want to do a search online. The search you conduct will help you to find a local moving company near you that offers packing services and is a reputable moving service.
Companies such as TopPro Moving have been offering moving and packing services for a number of years. They are very well known for being a top relocation service in Fairfax Virginia and offer great deals to help you move very affordably. You can take a look at TopPro Moving‘s service page to learn more about what they have to offer.
Hire The Right Moving Company
If you’ve already hired a moving company, you will want to be aware of the company that you are hiring and what services they provide. For example, for a business move you should hire a commercial moving company. For a residential move, you will want to hire home moving services.
Many people are aware of the many benefits of using moving services. However, most movers will not pack your belongings if you’ve just booked them for a move. Packing belongings of even a small apartment can be extremely tedious and time consuming and require a huge amount of effort. Be sure to hire a company that offers packing services if you’re looking to move. Because if you do not and they arrive and your belongings are not packed, you will have a very large problem.
Here are some things you can ask your local movers about the moving services they provide:
- What items do they pack?
- How do they charge for additional packing services?
- Do they provide boxes and bubble wrap when they pack for you?
- What about properly wrapping furniture and bulky items? Is this included in your move?
- Do they offer full service moving services?
- How about storage services? Is this also included with the packing services for longer, cross country moves?
Knowing in advance what your moving company provides and what to expect is key to having a successful move.
If You Want Packing Services Hire Full-Service Movers
If getting your home packed up is a priority and one that you don’t want to be involved in doing, hiring full service movers is crucial. Full-service movers offer a variety of services including:
- Packing up your belongings
- Providing boxes, packing supplies, tape and more
- Loading and unloading your belongings
- Unpacking items
- Disassembling and reassembling furniture at your new home or business
PRO TIP: Read this article entitled what moving supplies do I need? We know it will be helpful.
Moving Companies Will Pack For You (If You Ask Them!)
The bottom line is this. Moving companies will pack for you if you want them to do so. All you have to do is ask in advance and be prepared to spend a few extra dollars in the process. Packing isn’t easy. It is highly advised if you want to have an easy and stress free move to hire a company to help you pack your belongings. In addition, and if you don’t have the budget to hire a moving company to do that, here are a few tips that you can take advantage of:
- Invite your friends to help you pack! You can have a small moving party and have beer, soda, pizza and other things to make the invitation more enticing.
- Begin packing well in advance. At least one month depending on the size of the move should suffice.
- Have family members that owe you a favor? Don’t be afraid to ask them for your help! You’ll have more time to bond in the process!
- Cut down on other expensive things related to the move and invest in the packing services.
- Sell items on Facebook Marketplace or Craigslist rather than just throwing away. You may make enough money to hire affordable movers that also offer packing!
We hope we have answered your question will moving companies pack for you and wish you luck on your relocation!