YOUR ULTIMATE GUIDE TO PLANNING A LOCAL MOVE
Do you feel like you need an ultimate guide to planning a local move? This simple and straightforward blog post will explain everything you need to know for your upcoming relocation from planning the move to selling your home to getting adjusted in your new residence. We’ll go over the planning process then tackle some tips and tricks to handling packing for a local move. Of course, hiring a local moving company would be ideal but read along and learn how to do it all on your own.
Everything you’d ever want to know about your ultimate guide to planning a local move is below so keep reading!
Moving locally can be an overwhelming task, but it doesn’t have to be if you plan accordingly. It can be especially stressful if you choose to move locally on your own rather than hiring reputable local moving services in your area. Planning your move is one of the most important things you can do to ensure that it is a less stressful experience.
Follow the steps below to ensure a smooth planning process for your local move:
- Plan your move thoroughly.
- Make a list of everything you need and start packing before the moving day. This will save you a lot of time and stress on the day of the move.
- Identify if you will need movers or a few loyal friends to assist with the move. If you need movers, then research the best options available for your budget. Take advantage of discounts on movers when available.
PRO TIP: Read this article to learn how to find the best local mover! We know it will be super helpful.
It is important to be aware of what you will need to pack for a local move, as a lot of people will underestimate the amount of time it takes. Whether you are moving from an apartment, a condo or a larger residential or commercial space, it is inevitable that packing will take a significant amount of time.
The packing process is often the most laborious part of the move and takes up a lot of time to do. If you hire a full-service moving company they will handle packing for you. However, many people can’t afford to hire a local moving company, let alone a company to pack their belongings as well. Companies such as TopPro Moving of Fairfax VA offer affordable moving services for residential and commercial movers. Hire TopPro Moving for local moving services the next time you move!
It is important to know how long it should take in order to plan accordingly and avoid any potential logistical issues. Below we’ve compiled some information about different packing methods that may assist in a smooth packing process:
- Take into account the weight that the box is going to have. It’s better not to use a box that weighs more than 50 pounds if you’re going to be carrying it yourself.
- If you’re going to be using tape or bubble wrap for protection, don’t forget about where you’ll put them so that they don’t get in the way when packing up your belongings.
- Always take care of loose items before packing boxes. For example, shrink wrap your mirrors before putting them in a box so they won’t break when being wrapped with other materials like blankets and sheets.
- Packing items in boxes will take 10-15 minutes per box, so about an hour for 10 boxes.
- Packing items in wardrobe bags will take 60 minutes per bag, so about four hours for 5 bags.
- Packing using wardrobe boxes will take about 2 hours for 2 wardrobe boxes.
PRO TIP: If you are considering moving, read this great article to learn which towns in Passaic County, NJ are best for families!
Easy Tips And Tricks For Planning An In-State Relocation
Packing for a local move in no less stressful than a long one. It will cost you time, energy, and resources. Here are some useful ways to cut down on packing time and make your local move easier:
- Use large garbage bags to store bedding, towels, pillows.
- Fill up large plastic bins with small household items like pots, pans, dishes and more.
- Make sure you have plenty of boxes for heavier items like dining sets or TVs.
- Label boxes so you know what’s inside them when unpacking them at your new home.
- Make packing more efficient by using wardrobe boxes instead of moving boxes.
- Pack dishes in dishware for easy unpacking at the other end.
- Pack your clothes in dresser drawers to avoid getting them wrinkled or crumpled during
- Pack shoes into shoeboxes for easy stacking and moving, and use clear packing tape over the
- lids to seal them shut so they don’t get dusty or dirty.
- Pack your dishes in sturdy boxes so they won’t break on the way to your new home. Don’t forget about how much time it will take for double checking your inventory list so there are no items left behind or forgotten at old house
- Pack clothes in bins with lids for easier transport than rolling them up in big ball
- Use anti-static containers for electronics
CONCLUSION: Ultimate Guide To Planning A Local Move
Regardless of the distance, moving is a lot of work. The process can be long, tiring, and expensive. However, there are some easy ways to make the process more manageable. There are many moving hacks that will make the process easier as noted above. These include packing efficiently, creating a plan, and deciding on your movers beforehand. Some of these tips and tricks are more obvious than others, but they may save you time and effort in the long run.